We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. It has been an interesting two months to say the least, and our community has been through much. While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety has remained the same.
Infection control has always been a top priority to our practice. Our infection control processes have been designed to be both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow to keep you and our staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We do this to make sure our procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it’s time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in office, and will take your temperature.
- We have hand sanitizer and we will ask you to use it when you enter the office. You will find it in the reception area as well as other places in the office or you to use as needed.
- You will see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, since those items are not easy to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean we will offer fewer options for scheduling appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time in between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the waiting room at any time.
- For your protection, we have added Air Purifiers and sterilizers (UV enhanced) throughout the office which are constantly cleaning the circulating air.
- For those patients that still want to be cautious and stay home, but have pressing issues and questions, we now offer Teledentistry. Please call the office and arrange for a time to speak to me face to face via a computer or your phone. No App needed.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (305) 672-4444, or visit our website at www.realsmiledentistry.com
Thank you for being our patient. In absence of any further state and local mandates, we are currently slated to reopen on May 11th, 2020. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Hamid Nassery, DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMO
See the letter here