What Is Physiologic Dentistry?
Physiologic dentistry is a comprehensive view of oral health, beauty, and stability. It is making sure that the shape and position of the teeth and jaw support natural pain-free function. For more information, call us today or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
5 Fundamental Principles of Physiologic Dentistry
Physiologic Dentistry is the most organic approach to dentistry and treatment of TMJ Disorders, Migraines, and Headaches. The fundamental principles involve ensuring proper Myofunctional and Musculoskeletal Relationships and Functional Paths. There is more to Physiologic Dentistry than teeth, bones and joints, which is where most of dentistry focuses.
Many patients will see their dentist or physician seeking relief, but often their pain is not medical in origin, instead it is a functional problem and it needs a functional and physiologic solution.
The balance and proper function of the body needs to be restored. Through the incorporation of Physiologic and Biometric Measurements into our diagnostic and treatment protocols, we provide a valuable and holistic approach to our patient’s health. Empowering each patient for their own health and well being.
Physiologic Dentistry is one of the most inspiring fields of dentistry, it offers many more options for treatment. The concepts and practices go back to the 1950’s and have since evolved considerably. These concepts are based on Principles that earned Nobel prizes for their discoverers.
1. Based on the Sciences of Physiology, Anatomy and Human Growth and Development.
2. Belief that the human body is an intelligent unit that automatically compensates and self regulates in order for the whole unit to function.
3. Physiologic Dentistry views us all as being different genetically, biochemically and biomechanically.
4. The body has the ability to heal itself to prevent nearly all diseases of aging.
5. Health is not the absence of disease, rather it is the presence of vitality.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Invisalign Cost
▸ Dental Implants
▸ Sleep Dentistry
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeover
▸ Full Mouth Rehabilitation
▸ Invisalign Clear Braces
▸ Glo Whitening
▸ Full Arch Teeth Replacement